|Spreadsheet Updated:||Oct. 22, 2020|
|IMPORTANT:||Update to v2.2 of Overlay Program to access all the new spreadsheet content!|
|Cold Steel Subs: Hajimari Overlay:||v2.2 (Oct. 19, 2020)|
Overlay Tutorial Video
The Zerofield Team would like to introduce: Cold Steel Subs: Hajimari! Before we get started, here’s a list of what you’ll need play the game with our tool.
- A Playstation 4, or Playstation 4 Pro(Required for 60 FPS)
- A copy of Hajimari no Kiseki! Digital, or Physical works.
- A computer. Windows or a Mac with Wine, and 4gb RAM Min.
- PS4 Remote Play, or a Capture Card. (Elgato, for example)
Here are some of the key features that are in this build:
- Hajimari Translation Spreadsheet is Built into the app’s structure so no need to download it or view it outside of the app.
- Swap between chapters and episodes, never losing your place in the story.
- Full Integration with Combat Sheet. Items/Accessories/Quartz/Master Quartz/Crafts/Brave Orders.
- Application’s UI autoscales to most resolutions including ultrawide.
- Tooltips that can be turned on and off at will.
- Hiding of text while frozen.
- Movable Text Dialogue via WASD controls.
- Increase/Decrease of text printing speed.
- Resize Text to be bigger or smaller depending on your personal preferences.
Default App Controls:
- Tab – Show menus
- X – Advance Text
- L2 (on the Playstation controller) – Go back one line
- R2 (on the Playstation controller)- Advance one line
- Left Stick Press (on the Playstation controller) – Freeze Text
- WASD – Move text to custom location
If you have a Mac and you don’t feel like using Wine: (BIG shoutout to Aymericard) https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/jz68y9/release_crossos_macoswindows_alternative_for/
Resources (NEW, thank you ShiningConcepts!):
- How to get zero latency with PS Remote Play https://www.reddit.com/user/ShiningConcepts/comments/ixvg8m/how_to_get_lagless_remote_play_by_connecting_your/
- How to use a Bluetooth-connected DualShock 4 to play Hajimari with the overlay wirelessly (turbo mode not supported): https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/jrbs9h/how_to_use_a_bluetoothconnected_dualshock_4_to/
- Q: (NEW): After updating, the app is hanging/crashing when importing the translation!
- This shouldn’t be needed for most people, but if this happens you may have to clear you ColdSteelSubs registry entry:
- If you are in the middle of a main story chapter, write down the line number you are on as this process will cause your ColdSteelSubs program to forget it
- In the Windows search bar type “regedit” and hit Enter
- On the list of folder in the left bar, click on “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” then “Software” then “ArtiiGamesLLC” then right click on “ColdSteelSubs”
- Right Click on the folder named “ColdSteelSubs” and click “Delete”, then Yes to confirm
- Re-lauch the application – it should load with default settings.
- Q: (NEW) Why isn’t the app downloading successfully?
- Your firewall may be blocking the download. Please ensure that Windows firewall is set to allow downloads from the source.
- Q: (NEW) When I open the program, it is stuck at “Loading Translation.” How come?
- A: This is most often caused by language locale. If your computer is set to a language other than English, try switching the language and the region to English.
- Q: How come the Overlay isn’t transparent?
- A: When launching the application, please let it fully load. It can glitch and lose its transparency if you alt tab or multitask while it loads.
- (NEW) Also, NVIDIA Control Panel can stop the transparency from working correctly. If you weren’t multitasking when loading the app and still got a transparency issue, try clearing your global NVIDIA Settings.
- Q: Why are my commands not working?
- A: Please make sure the Overlay is the primary application.
- Q: How come we didn’t spoiler tag certain characters in combat data sheets?
- A: We had a strict time table across multiple teams to release this in the time frame that we did, and to release it all together. We decided as a team to move forward in this direction to get it into your hands sooner.
- Also note that C’s identity is never stated in the combat overlay.
- Q: Are there minimum system requirements?
- A: The application has been tested with as little as 4GB minimum RAM. It is functional, but for optimal performance we recommend 8GB or greater.
- Q: Can I run this on my Mac computer?
- A: Tested on a 2019 MacBook Pro running Wine and it worked fine. Your mileage may vary, we had a single mac to test on.
- Q: Help! I tried to run the application but it doesn’t load.
- A: If the application doesn’t load and when you try to open it again, it says it is running already, then please cancel the process in Task Manager(Ctrl+Alt+Del) and try again.
Overlay and Combat Sheet Team